Hi David (please also use a real name in the From-address), *,

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 8:49 AM, Traduction.BIZ <comme...@traduction.biz> wrote:

> It seems to me that the Fedora Core documentation project has good
> experience with Zikula (http://zikula.org),

Well, the demo at http://demo.zikula.de surely doesn't fit my
expectations, and..

> which meets all the needs

doesn't meet all the needs I mentioned.

I see no way to have translations of pages managed by the system for example,
Furthermore the administrative interface is a pain - It merely is a
blog like framework that was turned into a fancy widget-collector it
seems.
Please show me a workable demo, that tiny editor, and the way the
content are presented for editors in that demosite is just not
suitable.
Also trie http://demo.zikula.org - the editor there, while offering
more space, is a simple Forum-style input.

I'm probably biased since I used silverstripe in the last couple of
days, but if you're suggesting zikula because you worked with it
already, then please point me to a usable setup.

> you mention and notably has mature and well-integrated forum and Wiki
> add-ons.

Those were the points I don't regard as important, I think external
wiki and forum is way better, and regarding add-ons: There aren't that
many that are really useful..

> The permissions system is powerful and flexible,

I didn't even look in that area, because of the non-suitable
representation of the content administration.

ciao
Christian