Sophie Gautier wrote:
> We are a very very large
> community and hence have very different needs, QA, l10, docs come at the
> topf of my mind. Our community is not new, it comes with a past of work
> and usage.

I agree with this. The OpenOffice.org volunteers now employ dozens of
tools, see slide 7 of
http://www.ooocon.org/index.php/ooocon/2010/paper/view/207 for a list of
20 or so tools/technologies in use, often with overlapping or identical
scope. Forcing a new technology on volunteers (even if it is by far the
best technology from a technical point of view) is always risky unless
you accept that you can do without those volunteers who simply do not
want to abandon the old, bad tools they got used to.

Regards,
  Andrea.