On 2011-01-17 7:24 PM, David Nelson wrote:
> Michael is very interested in "doing stuff" with Drupal. Like Michael,
> I personally prefer forums as a support channel for the English NL
> community. Drupal originally evolved from forum software, so it is
> naturally very strong in that area. Perhaps Michael would like to take
> a leading role in developing Drupal-based forums on a libreoffice.org
> sub-domain?
>
> That could satisfy his hunger to do something with Drupal, while
> reconciling himself to the fact that TDF has currently decided to stay
> with SilverStripe as its CMS - at least for the mid-term future
> (although once SilverStripe has been fully operational for a while,
> and once the NL subsites have increased in number and thoroughly
> developed their content, it will become increasingly inconvenient to
> migrate in the future).

So maybe Drupal could actually be the *support* site, since Michael said
it was capable of *integrating* the forums and mail lists (and
newsgroups), so that users could choose their preferred method of
interacting, but still keep everything in one place so no one misses
anything?

--

Best regards,

Charles