Hi Marc, *,

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 4:21 AM, Marc Paré <m...@marcpare.com> wrote:
> Le 2011-01-31 16:39, Christian Lohmaier a écrit :
>> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 7:35 PM, Marc Paré<m...@marcpare.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> There needs to be a good calendaring system. Is there a good calendar
>>> module
>>> for the CMS?
>>
>> Well - what is your definition of "good" :-)?
>
> I was hoping that the calendar could manage categories. If used by NL sites,
> does it show ALL of the events regardless of languages?

No - it would only show events associated with that specific calendar.

> I was hoping that we
> could filter in/out categories, for example report on events for the last
> year in N.America and S.America or by NL events. If not then we could do it
> by hand.

Well, it doesn't a filter by default, but has corresponding api to add
custom filters, etc.
http://doc.silverstripe.org/old/recipes:extending_the_event_calendar

>> I added one on the staging site (and also on the live site, but there
>> it isn't used yet)
>
> Is it still on the live site? I can't seem to find it.

Yes, you cannot find it because as I've written: it isn't used yet.
You would have to create a page of type Calendar, and then add
corresponding events.

>> http://pumbaa.documentfoundation.org:7780/get-involved/events/
>
> I am all for moving the wiki events calendar to the CMS. It should be
> implemented for all languages. As usual, the NL teams could decide if they
> would want to have it or not. Not sure where it would sit on the menu, the
> "Get Involved" menu is already quite a busy menu line. Looks like the next
> logical place is in the "About Us" as this is where blogs and Twitter feeds
> are found.

Within the CMS, it is handled just the regular pages, i.e. you can
place it wherever you want.

ciao
Christian