Hi Marc, *,

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Marc Paré <m...@marcpare.com> wrote:
> Le 2011-02-14 07:36, drew a écrit :
>> On Mon, 2011-02-14 at 13:27 +0100, Stefan Weigel wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> Again, IMO, the main site http://www.libreoffice.org must be neutral
>>> with respect to countries or languages. If one likes to see a
>>> special site for the USA, well here it is: http://us.libreoffice.org.
>>
>> *chuckling*...cool, when we start altering the site I wonder?
>
> Hey! No fair. The site is not listed on the International sites page!

Because that is no international/seperate site to begin with. It is
just an alias, any non-existing domain gets mapped to the
www.libreoffice.org site.

That the DNS entry exists, is only because of the old list-archives
that were available at us.libreoffice.org/lists/<listname>

> Can we
> really develop these pages.

> BTW ... I would like Canada on this page too. Or
> can we also have a site also? We are a bilingual country and would need a
> French version as well.

Well, IMHO it is still preferable to not have (global) pages for a
specific region, but rather have subjections of the corresponding
project where a regional stuff matters. (i.e mainly (only?) marketing)

ciao
Christian