Christian Lohmaier schrieb:
Hi Florian, *,

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Florian Effenberger wrote:
[...]
Can we localize the Banner text for various sites? At least English and
German would be desirable.

Well, as the basis is a background image - it's not really feasible.
http://www.libreoffice.org/themes/libo/images/banner.png

There are two options:

a) localize the image

I updated the SVG source in the wiki:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/7/78/Banner_600x60.svg

So everybody should be able to replace the English text with the native language.

If someone provides me with the respective *short* texts in other languages I could create the images too.

b) replace all the text in the banner with HTML (in proper size, color and font)

This would mean more work on the HTML/css side, but localization would be much easier.

If someone is able to do this work, I provide the background image without any text:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Banner_notext_600x60.png

But please be aware, that this banner is likely to be modified during the next days, so you might have to repeat your work ...

Best regards

Bernhard