Hi Michael, *,

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Michael Meeks
<michael.me...@novell.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-02-15 at 06:03 +0000, Matt Sturgeon wrote:
>> Which at the present time, is a very basic and over simplified mockup
>> by me: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Features_Fixes_Mockup1.png
>
>        Looks fine to me; but you're going to have to fight Silverstripe pretty
> hard (I suspect)

Creating a "slideshow" like navigation with previous/next buttons is
pretty easy, and is the latency of the site really a problem? For me
the site is very responsive...

> to get that thing loaded such that all the information
> is there, quickly to hand as/when someone visits the 'new features' tab.
> IMHO the 'easy' option of forcing the user to spend perhaps a minute in
> 30x one second (best) latencies while clicking on new pages is a
> non-starter for me.

This could be done by using javascript, either using colorbox or jquery(ui),

>        IMHO - it would be worth working out what is possible in linear time
> with Silverstripe first.

Well - not sure what you mean with "linear time" (or better what the
opposite of that is).
If I understood correctly, you fear that the time between clicking
too long.

ciao
Christian