Hi *,

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 11:16 PM, Friedrich Strohmaier
<damokles4-lis...@bits-fritz.de> wrote:
> Marc Paré schrieb:
>> Le 28/04/11 02:59 AM, Florian Effenberger a écrit :
>
> [.. spam ..]
>
>> If these problems persist, I, for one, would be agreeable to going
>> back to closing down the wiki self account creation and having those
>> interested in contributing to the wiki having to request an account
>> from some of our admin members.
>
> +1

But my understanding is that now spam is "under control" - you will
never be 100% free of spam with self-registration, because there are
also humans that create accounts that are then later used by bots.

>> [closing self-registration and manually create accounts]
> +1
>
> This would also help to get rid of the captcha plague.

Ah, come on - having to solve a captcha /once/ when registering is not
a plague. If you had to enter it for each and every change, then I
would fully agree, but if it is just when registering...

ciao
Christian