Hi Italo, Marc, Andrea, *,

Am Montag, 4. Juli 2011, 11:43:37 schrieb Italo Vignoli:
> On 7/4/11 8:46 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> > No, I think "Freeware" (besides the typo in the corresponding link) must
> > be removed, since it goes against the stated policy (or to the closest
> > thing we have, i.e., RMS's statement on the website).
>
> IANAL, but "freeware" is not a license, while we should only list
> extensions with a free software license. People using a proprietary
> license are - of course - free to use such a license, but we cannot
> neither suggest nor promote their extensions on TDF web sites.
>
> Personally, I don't see a reason to list proprietary extensions.
> Software vendors developing proprietary extensions can promote them
> through their web sites. We could, as a service to LibreOffice users,
> link only proprietary extensions providing features not available with
> free software extensions (although I'm not sure that this is a good idea).
>
> Personally, again, I would state that we have a preference for copyleft
> licenses vs permissive licenses - although the latter are free software
> licenses - because I would like to avoid seeing the IBMs of the world
> taking the code to develop a proprietary version without giving back to
> the community.

I'll delete the entry for freeware then.

I don't think it's a good idea to have a license listed and send a
pop-up-window to
the user, if he choose that license.

We can create a statement at the home page of the extensions and templates site
about
the licenses we provide and what licenses we prefer. That should be a task for
native English speaker ;-)

Regards,
Andreas
--