Hi Marc, Christian, *

Am 19.02.2013 19:03, schrieb Marc Paré:
> I like the look on your FF version, and as far as the Deutsch, the
> title just needs to separate the "allplatforms" to "all-platforms" and
> IMO it would work just like the EN DVD title.

Have already hinted Uwe to adapt the scripts for the next isos.

> I don't think the fix you suggested would work. You suggested for
> example that there be a better description in the text above the
> buttons. However, the text is generic and is worded to fit the direct
> download of LibreOffice v.x.x.x.x and not the DVD's.

The mentioned generic text is displayed on if Type != box and != src,
another one could be displayed on Type == box.

See
https://github.com/tdf/cms-code/blob/master/mysite/templates/Layout/DownloadSimplePage.ss

> I think the simplest fix would be to shorten the DVD title to a
> reasonable length.

+1

> Erich:
> Is there a way for you to tell us a number of allowable characters
> that would fit before it spills out of the button? If I counted right,
> the EN DVD title is 67 characters long. Perhaps keeping it to 45
> characters long would allow enough "just in case" spaces just in case
> some users did mod their browsers.

Arial or Verdana or ...? 14, 15 or 16pt?  ;)  what's your "estimated
average browser setting" around?

No seriously, I'd like to think away from *displaying* these filenames.

Why not use a generic text telling users that they are up to download
multi-language plus extras DVDs providing either en or de ui language
and just name the links upon the buttons DVD Deutsch and DVD English ?
All other information could eventually be off the buttons.

@ Christian: is there a way to discriminate the DownloadsInstallType for
DVD isos by language, filename, whatever?

Cheers
Erich