Hi,
On 13/05/2013 16:27, Robinson Tryon wrote:
> On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 10:12 AM, Sophie Gautier
> <gautier.sop...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> But not all new versions are available in all languages. It should be
>> better that I ask the relevant NLP community imho or that I look in
>> Pootle for completed versions.
>
> Hmm...I haven't really considered that before, but that's a really good point.
>
> To veer off into QA land briefly, what you're saying is that if
> someone comes to us using LO 3.6.4 in Swahili and has a bug that's
> been fixed in 4.0.3, if we tell them to grab 4.0.3 and test it out,
> there might not be a Swahili language pack for that version. Darn!
>
> If we can't centralize the download links for the current
> stable/latest versions for all languages, would that work in perhaps a
> majority of cases? Or to ask a related question: How many NLP's don't
> push an updated localization for each point release of LO?

It depends on their resources. For example, if I don't update the FR
localization for 4.1, certainly somebody will jump in to update it to a
next version, but we can't be sure the one it will be.

> Then for the balance of the NLP's (i.e. the ones that don't update the
> localization for each new point release of LO), is there some other
> mechanism we can employ to make sure that the download links on their
> NLP pages stay current and don't become stale?

That should be done via the NL websites as most of them use the download
page template, see here
http://www.libreoffice.org/international-sites/
but the wiki is another area.

Kind regards