Hello Florian,

Le Tue, 30 Jul 2013 13:32:12 +0200,
Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I have a wishlist item to add LibOCon to meetup.com. Is this
> something people consider useful? Anyone has hands-on experience with
> it? I'm not sure if it's worth time and money, so I'll ask for
> feedback on the list :-)
>
> Florian

It depends what you would want to do with this. My wife uses Meetup
from time to time and it's perfect if you want to plan social events
and meetings. In this sense, we could use Meetup to plan adhoc social
events or specific group meetings for the LiboCon, but obviously not
the entire LiboCon. It helps because people register themselves to the
event, so you know who will show up. OTOH if all the conference
participants are invited all you need to do is to put up a page on
Plone, on Silverstripe or just a simple html page with the location,
the date and the time :-)

Best,

--
Charles-H. Schulz
Co-founder & Director, The Document Foundation,