On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 10:52:36AM +0100, Florian Effenberger wrote:
> AskBot currently does not support account creation without OpenID in
> a way we need it. If there are volunteers to work on the source code
> to improve it in a way that fits our needs, we can incorporate it.
> Otherwise, it has to be a paid task for the AskBot developer, which
> will require some budget.

Nah, IF that is really a readlife issue for a nontrivial amount of
contributors, we should consider providing OpenID from TDF:

 http://wiki.openid.net/w/page/12995226/Run%20your%20own%20identity%20server

instead of patching something into AskBot. That would solve the issue not only
for AskBot, but also for e.g. gerrit and any future OpenID service.

Best,

Bjoern