Hi Emiliano,

On 13/03/2020 14:36, Emiliano Vavassori wrote:

> [I intend to involve all the Infra team here and I am not sure I am
> addressing this the right way. Please add the needed address yourselves
> or (better, please :) ) point the right addresses out.]

Indeed, let's follow up with the discussion here. :)

>From what I have seen, it looks like the jitsi instance is now hosted on
a TDF VM whose physical hypervisor hardware is hosted at manitu GmbH.

The bare server we have for this machine seems to limited to a 100 Mbps
connection. Only servers starting from the XL range have 1Gbps. So
unless, TDF paid for a server >= to the XL series, the server connection
may be the bottleneck.

I checked at the time of the meeting and the manitu's upstreams weren't
overloaded (cf. BGP weather maps).

Following what you said in the other board-discuss thread, at the
contrary, the jitsi instance is indexed by search engines, like Google.
Over the past few days, companies wanting to have a free visio call
solution don't hesitated to search for public instances over the
internet[2]. So maybe checking whether some people were actually using
our instance at the time of the meeting can help confirm/infirm my
assumption. :)

And like some people assumed, jitsi is not like Wi-Fi CSMA/CA. People
being far away/being on an instable link/connection are (AFAIK) NOT
impacting others in the room. :)

[1] https://www.manitu.de/root-server/root-server-xl/
[2] https://status.framasoft.org/incident/592/

--
William Gathoye
Hyper<hack>tive volunteer for LibreOffice