Some updates about the actual state of the websites:

> Hi,
> after some tests and discussions about the best way of creating our new
> websites repository on pagure, I've just created a new project:
> https://pagure.io/fedora-websites
>
> The repository went down from uncompressed 890MB to 180MB as desired and
> cloning it should be pretty fast now;
> IMPORTANT: ALL GITFEDORA-WEB MEMBERS NEED TO RECLONE THE REPO!!!
> git clone ssh://g...@pagure.io/fedora-websites.git

Please do that and login to pagure in order to be added to the web-group.
Pagure has its own user database.
Cloning now should take less than 2 minutes!

> If you never logged in to pagure, please do so and let me know, in order
> to add you to the group with commit access to the repository. Actually we
> have two branches, master and f24-alpha.
> In the next days I'll add the source files of the documentation I wrote so
> far, so anyone can also contribute there.

Source files are up, you can use them to build the documentation locally
(and write more) :)

> The workflow for the next weeks is a bit awful, but it will not last too
> much. Websites are still build from the fedora-web repository on
> fedorahosted, but we will test the build from pagure with the staging
> websites, as soon as we have something new in that branch.

Actually all websites are still built from fedorahosted, but the staging
websites (getfedora, spins, labs and budget) now are built from pagure to
test out all the stuff. I cannot see any issues so far, websites are built
fine. YAY!

> For any changes on the master branch we need to sync them out manually, so
> please push to fedora-web, but do your fixes also in fedora-websites on
> pagure (I have choosen a different name because it's better to not mix the
> two repos up, they are very different actually).
> To avoid this double coding we should try to not push anything to
> production right now, unless it is "very" important. If we can wait with
> the changes until F24 Alpha, let's do so.

We are not having troubles for now with pagure, so it could be a good
option to move also production to pagure very soon. The only website we
need to build in production before F24 Alpha release is
budget.fedoraproject.org, so I'll cherry-pick the staging commits to master
in order to have the website up to date for production.
NOTE: Anyone who wants to push to that website should do that to both
branches, f24-alpha (from where it's actually built in staging) and master.

> Please ping me or drop me a message if you have any doubts or questions, I
> will try to update this post anytime something is changing in our workflow.
> We will also need to update the wiki...

Same again, let me know if something is not clear or you are having trouble
with any of the points above.
Thanks.

--
Robert Mayr