I'm looking to rebuild Webstack 1.5 - specifically PHP - on Solaris 10, using
the SS12u1 compiler.  I'm looking to turn on some optimization flags (like
-fast) to eke out a bit more performance from our T5140 platforms.  Some very
basic benchmarks showed us getting around 14% more speed from a -fast built PHP
than just the baseline.

I'm trying to do this "right", and I'm running into a number of problems.  Most
I can work around, but I'm wondering what else I'm missing.  For instance, the
-xnorunpath compiler directive seems to prevent curl from even configuring
successfully, but removing it lets me progress.  Then the build trips over what
seems to be missing/empty macros in adminlibs in other parts of the tree.

Eventually I gave up and I'm just trying to get PHP built... but it's choking
on the DTRACE patches.  I'd really like to keep those, DTrace is just too
useful.  But linking fails with symbols like DTRACE_OBJECT_CREATE_ENABLED being
undefined.  Try as I might, I can't find where those are supposed to be found,
not even on my OpenSolaris box.

I've got /export/wstools checked out and everything inside is built (the basic
instructions on the webpage didn't seem to mention that).  I've got all the
source under /shared/src/webstack, and I can cd into /shared/src/wsbuild and do
a "gmake release-publish", and it gets MOST of the way through the build before
choking on either curl, or adminlibs, or one of the others - depending on what
hacks I've tried.

To build this properly, what do I really need?