From: Michael Westphal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: webtest@lists.canoo.com
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 6:02:59 PM
Subject: [Webtest] Controlling TinyMCE with WebTest

Greetings All,
We use the TinyMCE rich-text editor extensively in our Web Application and I am
having trouble controlling TinyMCE using WebTest. I simply need to add text
into the editor.

I tried using the setInputField step on the textarea that TinyMCE uses, with no
luck.

Here's my step code:
<setInputField htmlId="wysiwyg_editor" value="foo" />

Which results in the following error on test execution:
"Cannot read property "body" from null
(http://localhost:8080/javascript/tiny_mce-3.1.0.1/tiny_mce.js#1)"

Interestingly, the error is not thrown on the setInputField step, rather the
clickButton step that submits the form.

Has anyone successfully used WebTest with pages using a TinyMCE editor, and if
so could you provide me some direction?

Thank You!
Michael