Hi Gary,

if you don't want this feature have a closer look at your $WEBTEST_HOME/webtest.xml

the target:

<target name="wt.init.headless" if="wt.headless" description="Initializes the properties for headless run"> <property name="wt.openResultFile.skip" value="skip" description="html result file should not be automatically opened"/> <property name="wt.webtestMonitor.skip" value="skip" description="WebTestMonitor should not be started"/>
        </target>

is your friend ;-)

If you set wt.headless you will not see the monitor and not the result in your browser.

your

Michael Habbert

Gary Jones schrieb:
If this question sounds strange then it probably is :)

When the webtests are run locally, a browser window is opened to show
the results. Is this a standard feature, or is it something that
whoever configured things here (who has now left) set up? If it is a
standard feature, is there any way to configure it? For example, I use
Ubuntu and it always opens the results in Firefox, I imagine because
this is the x-www-browser, but since I am running the tests from a
console window I would actually rather like to see the results in the
www-browser (e.g. w3m on my system), not least because I hate windows
and applications popping up all over the place stealing focus from
what I am currently doing.