From: webtest-ad...@lists.canoo.com [mailto:webtest-ad...@lists.canoo.com] On
Behalf Of Florent Blondeau
Sent: Mittwoch, 4. März 2009 12:40
To: webtest@lists.canoo.com
Subject: Re: [Webtest] <scriptStep> with Perl

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately, there's no Perl Engine for Java (like Rhino for Javascript, or
Groovy, or some others)
So you won't be able to execute strict Perl code on a JVM

But... You can have a look at the Sleep Language http://sleep.dashnine.org/
which is heavily inspired by Perl ! And is JSR223 compliant. Download it and
bind it
to your classpath. Then I think you can seamlessly integrate it by doing

<scriptStep description="calculate..." language="sleep">

                        print "Howdee\n";

                </scriptStep>

Hope that helps

Cheers

Florent

Pingwy

27, rue des arènes

49100 Angers

Michael Zwick a écrit :
Hi,

I have a question about <scriptStep> with Perl: If I insert the following into
a WebTest script:

                <scriptStep description="calculate..." language="perl">

                        print "Howdee\n";

                </scriptStep>

I get: "Error invoking script: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.bsf.engines.perl.PerlEngine". I checked WebTest/lib and found
"ant-apache-bsf-1.7.0.jar", but it doesn't contain "org.apache.bsf" (there is
just "org.apache.tools.ant.util"). I use WebTest R_1747.

Do I have to install anything additionally? And how does it work generally (is
it using my local Perl installation etc.)?

Thanks a lot. Cheers,

Michael