And if you are using maven you can use the sql-maven-plugin and do something
like this:

      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>sql-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.4-3united-1</version>

        <configuration>
          <driver>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver>
          <url>jdbc:mysql://localhost/testdb</url>
          <username>root</username>
          <password></password>
          <anonymous>true</anonymous>

          <srcFiles>
            <srcFile>src/main/sql/mysql/createdb.sql</srcFile>
            <srcFile>src/main/sql/mysql/database.sql</srcFile>
            <srcFile>src/main/sql/mysql/createindex.sql</srcFile>
            <srcFile>src/test/sql/mysql/testdata.sql</srcFile>
          </srcFiles>
        </configuration>

        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>setup-test-database</id>
            <phase>process-test-resources</phase>
          </execution>
        </executions>

        <dependencies>
          <dependency><!-- todo: check for newer version -->
            <groupId>mysql</groupId>
            <artifactId>mysql-connector-java</artifactId>
            <version>5.1.6</version>
            <scope>runtime</scope>
          </dependency>
        </dependencies>