Hi,

as always, can you provide a simple example allowing to reproduce the problem?

Cheers,
Marc.

ashwin ala wrote:
I just spent all day today on webtest trying to fix this issue and decided running this by Marc and other webtest experts might result in a quicker solution.

I just downloaded the latest build of webtest today(Mar 19'09) (Release class = development, build number = R_1762) Our app uses dojo components like buttons,dialogs and some ajax calls. I setup a simple test to click a button on the home page as shown :

<button dojoType="dijit.form.Button" id="myButton" onClick="window.location='

This runs fine when tested manually on firefox as well as IE.

My webtest.xml contains:
<webtest name="mytest">
<invoke url="http://localhost:8080/<app>/viewHome.do"/>
-
<clickButton htmlId="myButton"/>
-
<verify../>
</webtest>

When i run webtest the steps before the clickButton get executed. Some of these steps call javascript and they work as well so I know javascript is enabled. However execution fails at the clickButton step with the following error in the report:

JavaScript error loading page http://localhost:8080/<app>/viewHome.do: Wrapped com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.ScriptException: TypeError: Cannot read property "controlButton" from undefined (http://localhost:8080/<app>/js/dojoroot/dojo/dojo.js#20)

The console shows the following errors and warnings:

[invoke] WARN (com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.html.HtmlPage) - Obsolete content type encountered: 'text/javascript'. [clickButton] INFO (com.canoo.webtest.steps.Step) - >>>> Start Step: clickButton (11/18) [clickButton] INFO (com.canoo.webtest.steps.request.ClickButton) - -> findTarget(by button): name= value= [clickButton] ERROR (com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.javascript.JavaScriptEngine) - runtimeError: message=[document.execCommand(): invalid command 'BackgroundImageCache'] sourceName=[http://localhost:8080/<app>/js/dojoroot/dojo/dojo.js] line=[20] lineSource=[null] lineOffset=[0] [clickButton] INFO (com.canoo.webtest.engine.WebClientContext) - Content of window changed to http://localhost:8080/<app>/viewMyPage.do (text/html) [clickButton] INFO (com.canoo.webtest.engine.WebClientContext) - Content of current window changed, it will become current response [clickButton] INFO (com.canoo.webtest.engine.WebClientContext) - Current form set to none [clickButton] INFO (com.canoo.webtest.engine.WebClientContext) - Current response now: http://localhost:8080/<app>/viewMyPage.do
 INFO (com.canoo.webtest.engine.WebClientContext) - Responses restored
INFO (com.canoo.webtest.ant.WebtestTask) - Finished executing webtest "mytest"....

Some of the things i tried with no success after searching through your archives were:
1.) enableJavaScript - enabled and disabled
2.) registerModulePath -
<script type="text/javascript">
dojo.registerModulePath("dijit", "http://localhost:8080/<app>/js/dojoroot/dijit"); dojo.registerModulePath("dojox", "http://localhost:8080/<app>/js/dojoroot/dojox");
</script>
I tried this with different path combinations. Full path, "../dijit", "js/dojoroot/dijit" etc.
3.) <clickButton label="View Page"/>
4.) in config set browser to Firefox3

I have to demo this in a few days at our company as a potential testing tool and really prefer webtest because of the features it offers. Hopefully, iam just missing something basic and someone can point me in the right direction.

thanks
ashwin.