Try using xpath instead of name in the setCheckbox attribute

example:
xpath=//input[contains(@name,'tcf_mpf_file_groups')]

Cheers!

From: ikenne...@fexco.com
To: webtest@lists.canoo.com
Subject: [Webtest] Query on how to select a checkbox
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 17:27:16 +0000

Hi,

Within 1 of our tests we select a checkbox based on the id. However if the id’s
change
our tests are breaking and we find that it takes a while to fix the tests.

The HTML we have is:

HTML:
<input class="checkbox" type="checkbox" value="10137,Test
 Group,131,1" name="tcf_mpf_file_groups_[57]">

The Webtest command we use is:

<setCheckbox name="tcf_mpf_file_groups_[57]"/>

Is there anything else we can use to set the checkbox so that we would not be
dependent on the
name?
Our issue is that the name i.e. tcf_mpf_file_groups_[57] can sometime change to
be

tcf_mpf_file_groups_[58], thus causing our test to fail.

thanks in advance,
/Iain…

Iain Kennelly
Backoffice QA Team Lead

FEXCO Merchant Services

FEXCO Centre

Iveragh Road

Killorglin

Co. Kerry

Ireland
T:  + 353 66 9761258 Ext. 2394

WWW.FEXCOMS.COM

E-mail disclaimer

FEXCO Merchant Services, registered in Ireland, No. 246289.  Registered Office:
 FEXCO Centre, Iveragh Road, Killorglin, Co. Kerry, IRELAND.

This message, including any attachments, is confidential. If you are not the
named recipient, please contact the sender and delete the email from your system