On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 16:51, Edmund Lian wrote:
> Say, are there any plans to have Webware be fully Python 2.2 compatible?
> I'm thinking specifically about the issue of Webware's classes not being
> new style classes. Without this, it isn't possible to take advantage of the
> new multiple inheritance method resolution system, and also the super()
> call.

It *is* 2.2 compatible (AFAIK), I think you are proposing that it should
use 2.2 features.  This would make it incompatible with pre-2.2 Python.

Tavis I believe played around with some of those 2.2 features in Webware
Exp, but it didn't go so well.  A number of the features seem like
they'd be beneficial when you were designing something, but Webware is
already pretty much designed.  Super and the new inheritance rules are
nice, but they aren't huge.

  Ian