Jeff Johnson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any easy way to have TaskKit tasks handle exceptions like
> WebKit pages?  It would be great if any exceptions encountered in a task
> were emailed to the admin as a standard feature of TaskKit.

I tried to make TaskKit as indepent as possible from other Webware Kits
and Webware itself. Maybe it's a good idea not to mix stuff to much..

Just put try..except statements in your run-method of a task to do what
you want. Or even better, write some class which knows how to do what
you want (e.g. try-except blocks in a run() method, which uses another
method myrun() which you overrite in a subclass).

To be honest I do not know the prefered method for sending email inside
of Webware. This Kind of stuff I would like to see in a separate
MailKit, which is configurable and more...

Same for a LoggingKit... (http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0282.html)

My biggest dream would be a Workflow-Kit in Python/Webware which could
be used e.g to react to exceptions (in tasks) with other methods
(sending an email could be one option but trying other methods could be
even better), so things continue to run smoothly. How do people on this
list organize their Web workflow?

--

Tom Schwaller
[EMAIL PROTECTED]