I fully agree that we should use a bug database, but I'd suggest just using
the SourceForge database until we outgrow it, which may never happen.  (Same
for patches.)

Any developer who is interested can periodically review the bugs/patches,
pick ones that they want to fix/checkin, and assign them to themself.

When it comes time to cut a Webware release, we'll review the outstanding
bugs/patches and decide if we're ready for the release or if some of the
items must be fixed first.

- Geoff