This is an excellent idea, particularly the bit about RelNotes-HEAD.  With
Cheetah it takes only 20 minutes to cut, test, tag, upload, and announce a
new release.  There's no reason why Webware's release procedure couldn't be
that easy.

I think with the 'bumping' of the release-notes you'd actually want to
distinguish between what happening in 0.8b1 and 0.8b2.  A new file should be
created for this type of bump as well.