From: Ian Bicking [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2002 4:44 PM
To: Webware devel
Subject: Re: [Webware-devel] [ webware-Bugs-643780 ] No PSP support for
~user/ directory

My recollection of user directories in Apache is that they are fairly
primitive -- essentially you're aliasing /~*/ to /home/*/public_html/

I assume the problem is because webkit-handler is being invoked prior to
the user directory rewriting.  Probably the fix is in how httpd.conf is
written, and the change to Webware is one of documentation.

On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 15:31, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Bugs item #643780, was opened at 2002-11-25 13:31
> You can respond by visiting:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=104866&aid=643780&group_id
=4866

> Category: None
> Group: None
>
> Initial Comment:
> The support for PSP pages does not seem to work for
> users home directories using ~ expansion.  The system
> tries to parse the http://host/~user/file.psp URL placing
> the /~user/file.psp relative to the DOCUMENT_ROOT,
> rather than parsing the ~user into the users home web
> directory.
>
> A fix for this will likely involve a fix to mod_webkit, to
> retrieve the location of the UserDir configuration directive
> to determine the users web subdirectory.
>
> Fortunately, os.path.abspath() will handle the ~
> expansion on the name.under *nix, however I am not
> clear on if this even applies under NT.

> You can respond by visiting:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=104866&aid=643780&group_id
=4866