Lee Phillips <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-12-16 20:53:01 -0500]:

> I'm interested in using the ZODB with Webware. I develop on Macs running
> OSX 10.2.x (Jaguar). I compiled a couple of stable versions of the ZODB
> on a Mac running OS X 10.2.1 with the python 2.2 included by Apple. They
> (Standalone 1.0 and ZODB3-3.1) compiled with numerous warnings, and
> running the test.py gave me a bus error for both. I found a mailinglist
> archive wherein someone said that reverting to python 2.1 worked for
> him, but I'm not interested in doing that. Can anyone suggest how to get
> this working, or suggest a different object persistence tool?

There's a patch available for Python 2.2, something to do with wild
pointers. Or you can use Python 2.2.2 which has that patch already.
Sorry, no reference for where to find the patch right now (I moved to
2.2.2 and promptly forgot about it).

ZODB has some interactions with Cheetah and the automatic calling
functionality (basically I've had to turn off automatic calling in
templates that use persistent objects) but other than that it works
fine.

/p