Bugs item #636699, was opened at 2002-11-11 09:39
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=104866&aid=636699&group_id=4866

Category: WebKit
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I've found the following bug (or maybe its a feature)
using includeURL:

Suppose we have a directory structure as follows:

/bla/mycontext
                     /pageTemplates
                     /application1
                     /application2

and inside pageTemplates we have a BasePage
subclassed from Page. This is the page from which
pages are subclassed in application1 and application2

at 'root level' in mycontext we have components that
are used from BasePage like footer.psp, header.html,
as well as a stylesheet file. All of this components are
included using includeURL at the proper methods.
Everything works fine when using a page (subclassed
from BasePage) at mycontext level.

the problem here is that the call
includeURL('header.html')
when we are in a page from the directory application1
will actually look for 'header.html' inside application1,
and if we use includeURL('/header.html') will not have
the disired effect of including the file from mycontext.

If its a feature, we do not know how to get that effect,
since we do not want to duplicate our files in every
directory of application#

We have temporarly fixed the problem with the
following change to includeURL inside Application.py:
def includeURL(self, trans, URL):
        req = trans.request()

        #Save the things we're gonna change.
        currentPath=req.urlPath()
        currentServlet=trans._servlet

        urlPath = req.urlPath()
        # ***************************** IMPORTANT
********************************
        # the following condition was changed to 'accept'
an absolute path
        # defined within the URL, that is: '/servlet' will
NOT be looked
        # in the relative parent directory
        #
        # LCJ --- Oct 17th 2002
        #
        # original code: get rid of the first if condition and
leave the else code
        # unconditioned

        if (URL.startswith('/')):
            urlPath = URL
        else:
            if urlPath=='':
                urlPath = '/' + URL
            elif urlPath[-1]=='/':
                urlPath = urlPath + URL
            else:
                lastSlash = string.rfind(urlPath, '/')
                urlPath = urlPath[:lastSlash+1] + URL
        #
*****************

        req.setURLPath(urlPath)
        req.addParent(currentServlet)

        #Get the new servlet
        self.createServletInTransaction(trans)

        #call the servlet, but not session, it's already
alive
        trans.servlet().awake(trans)
        trans.servlet().respond(trans)
        trans.servlet().sleep(trans)

        self.returnInstance(trans,trans.request
().serverSidePath())

        #replace things like they were
        #trans.request()._serverSidePath=currentPath
        req.setURLPath(currentPath)
        req.popParent()
        trans._servlet=currentServlet

>Comment By: Stuart Donaldson (stuartd)
How are pages under application1 and application2
referenced, if they are not in a context?  Are the items
under application1 and application2 only PSP and HTML?

What defines /bla/mycontext as the "root level"?