Oh, and one more thing. If you drop the _MKClassIds table before you drop the database, then it works.

-ww

On Feb 6, 2005, at 6:30 PM, Winston Wolff wrote:

Hello Chuck-

I'm getting errors. Below is the output from the MKBasic test, as well as my LocalConfig.py.

All the tests complain about this: ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 25: Duplicate entry '1' for key 1. I think the problem is actually a bug in MySQL. If you delete a database, and then recreate the database and recreate the tables, then the old data that was in that table is "magically" back there. In other words:

mysql> use MKBasic
mysql> select * from _MKClassIds;
mysql> drop database if exists MKBasic;
mysql> create database MKBasic;
mysql> use MKBasic;
mysql> show tables;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

At this point we have dropped and recreated the database. As soon as we recreate the table, the old data magically reappears:

mysql> create table _MKClassIds (
-> id int not null primary key,
-> name varchar(100)
-> );
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
mysql> select * from _MKClassIds;
+----+--------+
| id | name |
+----+--------+
| 1 | Thing |
| 2 | Person |
+----+--------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

output from MKBasic test:

% python Test.py MKBasic
*** MKBasic ***

<cmd> python TestDesign.py MKBasic.mkmodel Settings.config
Removing WorkDir...
../Design/Generate.py --outdir WorkDir --db MySQL --model MKBasic.mkmodel --config Settings.config
Generating SQL...
Generating Python...
importing classes: Thing, Person
<cmd> mysql -u root < WorkDir/GeneratedSQL/Create.sql
ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 25: Duplicate entry '1' for key 1
RESULTS
-------
*** FAILED *** MKBasic.mkmodel

1 seconds

The contents of my LocalConfig.py:

# LocalConfig.py
import site
site.addsitedir('/Users/winstonw/Projects/svn/python/extern/MySQL-python-1.0.0/build/lib')

dbName = 'MySQL'
storeArgs = {'user': 'root', 'passwd': ''}
sqlCommand = 'mysql -u root '
# end