Problem 1:
The AppServer and AppServer.bat shell skripts do not work if they are not started from their containing directories. Particularly, I cannot used "startproc" to start the AppServer script.

Suggestion for improvement:

Add this to AppServer:
cd $(dirname $0)

Add this to AppServer.bat:
if exist $~dpn0 cd /d %~dp0

(I have added the "if" because ~dp0 probably only exists on NT/2K/XP, not 95/98/ME.)

Problem 2:
The AppServer will not start any more if you move a directory that has been created with MakeAppWorkDir. This is due to the fact that the work dir is hard-coded in the Launch.py and NTService.py files that are created by MakeAppWorkDir.

Suggestion for improvement:
Instead of setting appWorkPath = '...' in Launch.py and NTService,
use something like
appWorkPath = os.path.dirname(os.path.join(os.getcwd(), sys.argv[0]))
It is done that way in the version of Launch.py that exists in the WebKit directory, but not in the version that is created by MakeAppWorkDir.

If you think these suggestions make sense, I would like to make the appropriate changes in the trunk.