Woops. I spoke too soon. Under my old Webware workspace, which could
be several weeks old or older, hitting Ctrl-C to stop the app server
worked fine (I do this when developing, not in production):

Yes, I made some changes here, because I got exceptions when hitting Ctrl-C with the *old* version (0.9b3) (same platform WinXP+Py2.4).

The 0.9b3 gave errors like this when I hit Ctrl-C:

Shutdown Called Sun Oct 23 02:38:12 2005
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "WebKit\ThreadedAppServer.py", line 821, in run
ThreadedAppServer: Shutting Down
Stopping AutoReload Monitor
Shutting down the AppServer
Application is Shutting Down
    time.sleep(1.0)
IOError: [Errno 4] Interrupted function call

Exiting AppServer due to above exception
Exception in thread Thread-12:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Programme\Python\lib\threading.py", line 442, in __bootstrap
    self.run()
  File "C:\Programme\Python\lib\threading.py", line 422, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "WebKit\ThreadedAppServer.py", line 812, in windowsmainloop
    server.mainloop()
  File "WebKit\ThreadedAppServer.py", line 213, in mainloop
    client, addr = sock.accept()
  File "C:\Programme\Python\lib\socket.py", line 169, in accept
    sock, addr = self._sock.accept()
  File "C:\Programme\Python\lib\socket.py", line 144, in _dummy
    raise error(EBADF, 'Bad file descriptor')
error: (9, 'Bad file descriptor')

I made changes so that sockets are properly closed etc. and when I hit Ctrl-C under Windows, everything closes smoothly in the current version like that:

App server has been signaled to shutdown.
Shutting down at Sun Oct 23 02:35:48 2005

Exiting AppServer due to keyboard interrupt.
ThreadedAppServer is shutting down...
Stopping AutoReload Monitor...
AppServer is shutting down...
Application is shutting down...
Application has been succesfully shutdown.
AppServer has been shutdown.

How exactly did you start Webware? I opened a DOS box in the WebKit directory, typed "appserver" and then hit Ctrl-C.

Anyway, we should check and resolve this issue. But I think this can be done very quickly. We should also check this under Linux again. I will make some more tests.

-- Christoph