Hi all

I'm trying to output a PDF generated with Reportlab within a WebKit
servlet. The PDF data seems to be in WinAnsiEncoding (CP1252).

If I just output the data with self.write(pdf), I get this error:

  File "/opt/Webware/WebKit/ASStreamOut.py", line 84, in flush
    self._buffer += ''.join(self._chunks)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0x93 in position 11:
ordinal not in range(128)

I don't know why it wants to decode it as ASCII... so let's try to
decode it by myself and send it as Unicode:
self.write(unicode(pdf, "CP1252"))

Which leads me to a problem within the HTTPContent class:

  File "/opt/Webware/WebKit/HTTPContent.py", line 176, in write
    self._response.write(str(arg))
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position
11-14: ordinal not in range(128)

I can workaround this by using UTF-8 in HTTPContent.write() (which is
what I actually want to do for the normal HTML content anyway):

self._response.write(unicode(arg).encode(self._encoding))

But that doesn't help, still the same problem in ASStreamOut:

  File "/opt/Webware/WebKit/ASStreamOut.py", line 84, in flush
    self._buffer += ''.join(self._chunks)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0x93 in position 11:
ordinal not in range(128)

I really can't make it -- stuck in the encoding hell. Can somebody help me?

I just want to output that PDF data :-/

Regards,
Mathis

--