OK all done, my script now is absolutely better (thanks for the
suggestions), but the problem persists...
However, I have another "piece" of the puzzle; when the error occurs,
the system says:

*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x089ebc70 ***

maybe a memory leak problem? my configuration is python 2.3.4, GCC
3.4.6, kernel 2.6.9-67.0.20.EL. The dist is a CentOS, and the machine is
virtualized under VMWare. Compatibility issues?

Christoph Zwerschke ha scritto:
> Damiano Morosi schrieb:
>> Did you notice something strange in this? Am I makeing some mistakes?
>> Thanks for your support.
>
> Nothing that should cause the process to be killed. But there are some
> things you could improve to make everything more stable and secure:
>
> * make the code safe against SQL injection (e.g. excute with params)
> * properly close connections and cursors in case of failure
>    (use try/finally or the with statement if cx_oracle supports it)
> * use DBUtils or something similar for connection pooling
>
> -- Christoph

Dott. Damiano Morosi
Atac S.p.A. - Agenzia per la Mobilità del Comune di Roma
Direzione Sistemi - Area Centrale della Mobilità
Sviluppo funzioni sistemiche della Centrale
00157 Roma - Via Ostiense, 131/L
Tel.:  (+39) 0646959361
Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype: damiano.morosi