Ian Bicking <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I also really dislike WebUtils because, in order to get into WebKit I
>not the best reason.

That's probably the most compelling reason to rename it that I've read so far -
insufficient tab leverage in "bash". ;-)

Anyway, I don't see what the fuss is about. It may be possible that WebUtils
and MiscUtils conflict with some other modules or packages (of the same names),
but one shouldn't necessarily need to use them that much - I got the impression
that they contain miscellaneous functions useful for the internals of Webware
which could be reused in other Python projects.

>> > - more discussion on COMKit being external vs. internal to WebKit
>> Good.
>
>But COMKit seems not to have anything to do with all those people who
>don't use Windows.  It's already written, so if it's longer than
>necessary it doesn't really matter.

What does COMKit do anyway? On my platform it won't even load. ;-)

Geoff Talvola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I'm personally not too keen on having to write XML documents.  XML is nice
>for machines to talk to one another, but as a human I cringe at the thought
>of writing a document directly in XML.

I use Amaya to write HTML/XHTML documents, and I await the day I can write XML
documents (with proper visualisation) in it too. It's time to learn the
internals of Amaya, I suppose. :-)

>I'd rather author docs using something like Wiki syntax, or
>StructuredText.  Is there anything that can go from a StructuredText-like
>input to multiple output forms like HTML, PDF, and perhaps even the HTML
>Help format that's so useful on Windows?

The problem with structured text formats is that they become cumbersome once
you need to add things like tables, and I find that documents without tables or
images tend to sacrifice clarity by expressing everything as "dry text" within
a standard hierarchical chapter/section scheme. Take a look at my XMLForms
documentation [1] and tell me that without the images you would get the same
kind of overview as you do now... or that you would get as far into the
document before falling asleep. ;-)

Paul

[1] http://www.paul.boddie.net/Python/XMLForms/index.html

--