> I had heard at one point that there are load balancers that can keep
> redirecting to the same machine based on a cookie (eg, _SID_). But
> you'd have to investigate and you'd have to purchase one.

When we first started up they bought a hardware load balancer even
though I told them not as we didn't have any traffic yet and may never.
It cost $15k.  Two years later when I went to use it, I see that for
another $5k they could have bought the better model that used cookies to
keep sessions on a single machine.  So, now I'm stuck trying to make use
of a load balancer that doesn't do cookies :(