--- Chuck Esterbrook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> * Is anyone using MiscUtils/DBPool.py?
> * If so, what databases?
> * If so, did you get a speed up?
>
> There is this interesting note in the file:
>    "Reportedly there has been no speed up in tests with MySQL."
>

> And last, but not least:
>
> * Has anyone used DBPool in MiddleKit?
>

> -Chuck
>

>From looking over the code I can understand why there
was no speed increase.  It doesn't pool at all.
It just creates more that one connection, and whe it goes
out of scope, you can't get to any of the connections
because they are stored in instance variables.

I am acctually going to be writing a ConnectionPool class
for my application.  It should be generic enough to
use with your choice of database adapters.  The thing
that I would also like to do is hook it into the transaction
so that you may do something like

  transaction.getDBConnection('pool_name')

Then the transaction can manage the commit/rollback when
the response is generated.  So in the transaction or the
execption handeling would be a hook like,

  if transaction.hasDBConnection()
:    if error:
        conn.rollback()
     else:
        conn.commit()
     trasaction.retrunConnToPool()

This is all off the top of my head here, but integrated
connection pooling is something that I will need,
I just have to wrap my head around the rest of Webware
first.

--Karl