From: Hancock, David (DHANCOCK) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2002 12:24 PM
To: 'Geoffrey Talvola'; 'Bill Eldridge'
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [Webware-discuss] WebKit Error traceback pages don't close th
eir connection?

I've trimmed the quoted parts down a lot--I hope that's OK in our list's
etiquette.

I've done the next two suggested troubleshooting steps (put a write after
WriteFancyTraceback in ExceptionHandler, print timestamp on console before
and after line 526 in ThreadedAppserver, remembering to flush stdout after
each print).

1. The write in ExceptionHandler shows up on the page immediately.

2. Here's the log snarfed from the console window:

        Listening on ('127.0.0.1', 9034)
        Creating 1 threads.
        Ready

            1  2002-05-04 12:11:00  /ADC/Examples/CountVisits
        before transaction:  Sat May  4 12:11:00 2002
        after transaction:  Sat May  4 12:11:00 2002
            1  0.06 secs            /ADC/Examples/CountVisits

            2  2002-05-04 12:11:03  /ADC/Examples/Error
        before transaction:  Sat May  4 12:11:03 2002
        [Sat May  4 12:11:03 2002] [error] WebKit: Error while executing
script
      /usr/local/Webware/WebKit/Examples/Error.py
        Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "./WebKit/Application.py", line 388, in dispatchRequest
          File "./WebKit/Application.py", line 536, in handleGoodURL
          File "./WebKit/Application.py", line 712, in respond
          File "./WebKit/Transaction.py", line 105, in respond
          File "./WebKit/HTTPServlet.py", line 38, in respond
          File "./WebKit/Page.py", line 34, in respondToGet
          File "./WebKit/Page.py", line 67, in _respond
          File "./WebKit/Page.py", line 129, in writeHTML
          File "./WebKit/Examples/Error.py", line 8, in writeBody
        ImportError: No module named UnknownModule
        after transaction:  Sat May  4 12:11:04 2002
            2  1.41 secs            /ADC/Examples/Error

And here the page gets 'stuck'--all the text has been downloaded (the extra
write, and even the </body></html> are there), but the globe keeps on
spinning...

I appreciate all the advice--I hope the information I'm providing is helping
to figure this out.  I wouldn't know where to start without help from people
who know Webware's insides well.

Cheers!
--
David Hancock | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | 410-266-4384

Geoff wrote:

I suspect that it's successfully getting through all of these method calls
and hanging after it returns.  That's worth finding out.  Put a print
statement after the call to self.writeFancyTraceback() and see if that gets
printed promptly or not.  Also, in AppServer.config, make sure Verbose is
set to 1.

The other place I would put print statements is in ThreadedAppServer.py
around line 526, before and after the line that looks like:

                transaction = self.server._app.dispatchRawRequest(dict,
strmOut)

Print a timestamp before and after that line.