We had some trouble with our email server over this weekend (MS Exchange)
and we discovered that during the time period when the email server was
hosed, each WebKit thread that attempted to send an error email wedged.
After 20 failed attempts to send error email, the whole appserver was wedged
because all threads were busy.  The appserver had to be killed and
restarted.  This is running on Windows 2000.  Fortunately it was on our
development server, not our production server.

2 questions:

1) Has anyone seen behavior like this before?

2) How would you feel about modifying WebKit so that it spawns a separate
thread to send the error email?  That should eliminate the problem because
if the spawned thread wedges, it won't affect anything else.  I would make
this a "daemon thread" so that if it's wedged, it won't prevent the
appserver from exiting.

If I hear no objections, I'll go ahead and implement this.

- Geoff