On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 03:24, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> in my shop application I'm currently using cookie based sessions, and
> this should be the default for security reasons. But if some visitor
> has cookies disabled I'd like to fall back on URL-id's. Is this
> possible in Webware? When I tried the config option
>
> 'UseAutomaticPathSessions':     1,
>
> *all* sessions were put in the URL-path, which is not what I want.

Well, I believe you can use variable path sessions without setting
anything, just by putting ?_SID_=... in all your URLs.  You still have
to detect when the client needs that, and you have to be sure to add
that to all your URLs.  I've always been a little stumped about finding
an elegent way to detect when a client doesn't support cookies.  I guess
you could do it with a couple redirects when a client doesn't have a
session ID.

I'd have to look more closely at the Webware code to speak on path
sessions, but maybe you don't need to use those.

--
Ian Bicking  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://colorstudy.com
4869 N. Talman Ave., Chicago, IL 60625  /  773-275-7241