From: Matt Feifarek [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> A year ago or so, a few of you talked about integrating WK with
Twisted.

> Those discussions of last year revolved around various integration
> levels: moving servlets to resources, for example, but at this point
I'd
> like to consider Twisted just as an adapter: writing an adapter in
> Twisted to marshal a request and send it to a waiting AppServer, ala
> mod_webkit et al.

If you want some kind of adapter that works with Twisted and Webware
(amongst others) but which sits below the level of Page and Servlet, you
might want to consider WebStack (available from PyPI). I've been
considering writing Page and Servlet classes for WebStack which act like
their counterparts in Webware, but it hasn't been a priority so far;
WebStack is something I do in my spare time - I don't get paid to work
on it, unfortunately.

[...]

> But some theoretical questions:
>
> 1. Would this be a "Resource" or a protocol/factory?

I implemented WebStack's Twisted mechanisms on top of Twisted resources,
if I remember correctly - it just works when I run the setup script and
I haven't had to debug that part since I wrote it. ;-)

> 2. Given that Twisted is async, and WK is not, what are ways to keep
> twisted from blocking as WK runs a servlet? Of course, there is
> threading in twisted, but once the servlet has run and has made a big
> honkin' string (http data) it would be nice to cough that down to the
> client asynchronously. This would have implications for
response.flush()
> in servlets.

I wouldn't mind looking into this a bit more, preferably with assistance
from people in the know.

> 3. Am I crazy? Maybe.

Not at all! ;-)

Paul