Hallo,
Tim Roberts hat gesagt: // Tim Roberts wrote:

> OK, I admit to knowing almost nothing about the way tasks are allocated
> between threads in WebWare, but I happened to do a "ps axf" today

Cool, I didn't know these options.

> on a machine that has been running  for about 8 months, and saw
> this:
>
> 1622 ?        SN     0:00 /bin/sh ./AppServer 19647 ?        SN
> 49:47  \_ python Launch.py ThreadedAppServer 19648 ?        SN
> 1:48      \_ python Launch.py ThreadedAppServer 19649 ?        SN
> 142:38          \_ python Launch.py ThreadedAppServer 19650 ?
> SN     0:00          \_ python Launch.py ThreadedAppServer 19651 ?
> SN   117:47          \_ python Launch.py ThreadedAppServer 19652 ?
> SN     0:00          \_ python Launch.py ThreadedAppServer 19653 ?
> SN     0:00          \_ python Launch.py ThreadedAppServer 19654 ?
> SN     0:00          \_ python Launch.py ThreadedAppServer 19655 ?
> SN     0:00          \_ python Launch.py ThreadedAppServer 19656 ?
> SN     0:00          \_ python Launch.py ThreadedAppServer
>
> Notice the uneven distribution of CPU times.

I get a very similar picture with a slighty more loaded server. There
are 2 out of 10 threads that appear to never be used, one is used a
lot, the others only a little bit. This could be used to tune servers
a bit. In your case it might not be necessary to run all those
threads.

Ciao