[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> If the user allows cookies, I hold some site-wide preferences in a
> site cookie (cookie path '/').  Whether cookies are are disabled or
> not,
> I hold large amounts of data in a session variable.  The current code
> sees that cookies are not disabled, i.e. my site-wide preferences
> cookie, and so handles the session paths as unnecessary and
> prevents code access to the session data due to the session-path-less
> redirect.

Ah, I think I understand.  The path session should only be considered
unnecessary if the _SID_ is present in the cookie.  It's not enough to
simply check for the presence of the HTTP_COOKIE header.  Let me work on a
patch and send it to you -- I think I can fix this without having to add yet
another configuration option.

- Geoff