I haven't got good answers for your other two questions, but what I use
for determining servlet execution times is the built-in logging of
Webware.

Under <appworkdir>/Config are the following items:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] Configs]$ grep Activity *.config
Application.config:     'LogActivity':          1,
Application.config:     'ActivityLogFilename':  'Logs/Activity.csv',
Application.config:     'ActivityLogColumns':
['request.remoteAddress', 'request.method', 'request.uri',
'response.size', 'servlet.name', 'request.timeStamp',
'transaction.duration', 'transaction.errorOccurred'],

The Activity.csv file contains probably exactly what you're looking for
in the transaction.duration column. We take the servlet.name and
transaction.duration and average it over a long period to determine what
pages should get our optimization attention next.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!
--
David Hancock | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | 410-266-4384