Olivier FAVRE-SIMON wrote:
Many thanks for this tutorial.

(and by the way for using same CSS as SQLObject; may all your great work
gather into a complete framework, that will be a much easier task to
host everything in a common site.)

I've been interested in WSGIKit for some time now but had not enough
time to gather all infos and try an "hello world" app.

Even if I'm fully satisfied with Cheetah that's also an opportunity to
look at ZPT.

I actually think Cheetah would be more appealing to a lot of people, but I haven't had a chance to review its state of integration. If anyone wants to translate the tutorial to Cheetah that would be great.

My question : What kind of operations is/will be possible with WSGIKit
that wouldn't be with WebKit ?

* Well, there's more deployments that are possible -- CGI is better supported, multi-process or running in mod_python. But I haven't actually excersized this much.

* Configuration is a little more concise.

* The URL parsing is somewhat more flexible, and different kinds of parsing could be plugged in. URL discovery should be easier too.

Hmm... not a whole lot that's "new", mostly just "easier". I've actually avoided the new stuff -- it would be easy to get distracted recreating Webware with a whole new API and featureset. All I'm trying to do right now is deal with the low level deployment stuff.

Component (http://wiki.w4py.org/component.html) actually does give some new features, but that's usable with WSGIKit or Webware.

--
Ian Bicking  /  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  / http://blog.ianbicking.org

------------------------------------------------------- SF email is sponsored by - The IT Product Guide Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT Products from real users. Discover which products truly live up to the hype. Start reading now. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=6595&alloc_id=14396&op=click _______________________________________________ Webware-discuss mailing list Webware-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/webware-discuss