I'm not using 98 any longer so I really don't care if we stop supporting 98. Now having said that I wonder how many of us Windoz suffers are still using webware on 98 rather then XP or one of the 200X server platforms. For windows rather then using a bat file to start the appserver how about using an executable? I wonder if that would change the handling of the arguments? I've not looked into how setuptools creates its exe files, but from what I understand that exe simply looks for your python executable and uses that. Jut thinking out loud. I might play with that a bit.
Jose

Christoph Zwerschke wrote:

... just noticed Windows/DOS splits the parameters given to AppServer.bat like this:

%1 = --AppServer.AutoReload
%2 = 1

I think I already have a solution for this problem.
Instead of calling Launch.py like this:

Launch.py ThreadedAppServer %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

you can write

Launch.py ThreadedAppServer %*

which leaves equals signs intact.

The only problem is that "%*" does not work with 98/ME, but we can live with that. Or even check whether "%*" is supported with something like

-- Christoph