Hi,

somehow I cannot get the setting for KidOutputMethod to work with
Webware 0.9.

Even when it is set to "xhtml" or "xhtml-strict" pages are still
rendered as HTML with ugly uppercase <TAGS> - well, at least I see
immediatly that something is still wrong. ;)

So I digged into KidServletFactory.py where I can get xhtml to work by
changing the global variable:

defaultOutput = 'xhtml' # the default Kid output method

at the start of the file, however that's of course not the Right Thing
to do.

I also managed to get nice, lowercase xhtml by changing class
KidServletFactory's __init__ to explicitely use the global defaultOutput:

class KidServletFactory(ServletFactory):
    """Servlet factory for Kid templates."""

    def __init__(self,application):
        ServletFactory.__init__(self, application)
        setting = application.setting
        # change here: added "global"
        global defaultOutput = setting('KidOutputMethod')

However if I now open a *.kid page through the Appserver (the builtin,
standalone server actually), the browser asks me to save the file which it
recognizes as a "BIN" file.

The saved file however is a proper xhtml-file now.

Any ideas on how to correctly fix this?

Ciao