I reread the installation instructions, and this sentance jumped out
at me: "Note that the pid file records the pid of the Python
application server, not the pid of the wrapper script AppServer which
is responsible for the AutoReload mechanism."

Where is the pid file for the python application server, if it is not
the appserverpid.txt file created by AppServer?

Mark Phillips