Hi Justin,

> I'm in the process of upgrading Webware to version 1.0.2 from version 0.8.4

You probably mean 0.8.1? Please note that you should create a new app
work dir in this case (with MakeAppWorkDir) and move your contexts etc.
to the new app work dir, since some things have changed here.

> We currently have a patch that we apply to the older version to add
> in socket close-on-exec within the ThreadedAppServer, like so:
>
> Do we need to reapply this patch to Webware 1.0.2, or was
 > ThreadedAppServer rewritten to avoid this problem?

No, it seems this patch has never been suggested. It makes sense when
your app forks its own processes, right? I can try to get this into
1.0.3/1.1 (needs to be done carefully, because it works only on Unix,
and F_SETFD and FD_CLOEXEC may not be defined in all Py versions).

If you want to do it with Webware 1.0.2, you need to apply your patch
after line 273 of ThreadedAppServer.py.

-- Christoph