Who's doing this?

<< Can you guess what law schools are promoting courses in successful litigation under HIPAA regulations? We have at least one here in Florida I am aware of.>>

Please let me know, I'd love to see the curriculum and figure out the holes in it, perhaps work up articles to help judges reject HIPAA claims. Something like this would be counter-productive and would require creative lawyering to develop strong private claims (or is the training is for prosecutors or OCR investigators?)

By the way, this is one attorney who co-presented about two dozen half-day state medical association sponsored trainings for docs, including a thick compliance manual, for compensation that basically covered expenses, i.e. pro bono. And no, I don't get a lot of work from docs - a little from time to time,  not much, doctors don't trust lawyers and don't want to spend money on them (and get mad at us when they mess up legal matters trying to do it themselves and it costs them more to fix the problems they caused!) - not my client base, but a profession I respect and felt needed the help since nobody else was stepping up to the plate.

Just a thought to keep lawyer slamming in perspective.

John R. Christiansen
Preston | Gates | Ellis LLP
PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBERS EFFECTIVE TUESDAY, JANUARY 21:
925 Fourth Avenue, Suite 2900
Seattle, Washington 98104
(Direct: 206.370.8118 (Cell: 206.683.9125
* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Notice: Internet e-mail is inherently insecure. Unencrypted e-mail may be accessible to unauthorized viewers, content may be modified or corrupted, and headers or signatures may incorrectly identify the sender. If you wish to confirm this message or the identity of the sender, please contact me using a communications channel other than a "reply" to this e-mail. Secure electronic messaging is available and recommended for confidential or sensitive communications.
---
The WEDI SNIP listserv to which you are subscribed is not moderated. The discussions on this listserv therefore represent the views of the individual participants, and do not necessarily represent the views of the WEDI Board of Directors nor WEDI SNIP. If you wish to receive an official opinion, post your question to the WEDI SNIP Issues Database at http://snip.wedi.org/tracking/. These listservs should not be used for commercial marketing purposes or discussion of specific vendor products and services. They also are not intended to be used as a forum for personal disagreements or unprofessional communication at any time.

You are currently subscribed to wedi-privacy as: archive@mail-archive.com